Kombucha is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar and a SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast). The SCOBY digests the sugar and starts the fermentation process.
- 2 Litres of freshly boiled water
- 5 Organic green tea bags (these can be flavoured)
- 1 Cup of white sugar
- 4 Living Alchemy Your Flora Capsules
- 2L Glass Jar
- Paper Towel
- Elastic Band
- Fill the glass jar with boiling water
- Add the 5 organic tea bags and sugar. Stir until well-blended and leave until liquid is room temperature but preferably overnight.
- Once the water has cooled, remove the tea bags.
- To make your SCOBY, Open 4 capsules of Living Alchemy Your Flora into the tea mixture.
- Cover with a paper towel and secure with an elastic band.
- Leave in a cool dry place for 7-14 days.
- Test your kombucha at 7 and 14 days. You should use a small layer on top that is the SCOBY. If the liquid is still sweet, leave it to brew longer.
- Once the kombucha is ready to be drained, remove the SCOBY and pour it into glass bottles preferable with a secure top.
- Leave for another 7 days. In this last step, this is where you can flavour your homemade kombucha as you like, add in lemon ginger, hibiscus or rose petals.
Living Alchemy believes in a balanced gut terrain which creates a healthy body and mind. The Your Flora series helps regulate the micro-organisms in your ecosystem, providing a natural environment for them to survive and thrive. You can learn more and shop the Your Flora Series HERE